Rolls design must match the roll forming mill. The roll designer must have all the relevant equipment dimensions and other data which can influence roll design. Otherwise the machine will be very costly.
Types of Mills Influence Roll Design
This type of mill limits the formable strip width to about the length of the short shafts. If only one edge of wide strip is to be formed, then the opposite edge should be properly guided. In this case, it is more practical for all the material used for forming to be taken from the drive side and locate the sheet guide at the operator side of the rolls.
Two cantilever mills facing each other, forming both edges of the strip simultaneously are called a duplex mill. Adjusting one or both mills in-and-out enables the roll forming various widths within the limits of the mill.
- Maximum roll length is limited.
- The forming pressure of the ends of the rolls may bend the shafts.
- While produce wider profile, the mill should be equipped with supports between roll forming stands.
- The minimum length of the shortest profile should not be less than twice the roll stands distance plus 50mm.
- This mill need more guiders to avoid skewing.
Duplex Through Shaft Mill
The majority of roll forming mills have the shafts supported by bearings at both ends. Most of the previously mentioned factors and several others have to be considered for standard mills
View More>> : Roll Forming Machine Design
Believe Industry Company is engaged in design and manufacturer roll forming machines for over than 20 years. We have different kinds of roll forming machine and related equipments for different applications. Contact us now for more information.