What is portable roll forming machine?
Portable Roll Forming Machine is a a specific design of roll forming machine which just on a condensed level and takes everything a typical rollformer does. But just pack it into a smaller size so it can be transported easily.
The portable roll former is similar but not same to an in-plant machine:
- The coils get fed into the machine from a decoiler. Portable machine always use a lower capacity uncoiler, but in-plant machine use large capacity decoiler.
- Portable machine is smaller for easy transportation. So it will reduce some rollers, moulds.
- Portable always use a very simple cutoff device.
How to make a roll former ” Portable”?
Not only the roll former is smaller, but also other distinguishing characteristics make a roll former portable, such as:
- The roll former mounted on a trailer
- Portable rollformer allows contractors to take their machines directly to the job site.
- All the machine components will be mounted together
- A electric generator for enlarge the possibility in a non-power supply site.
Advantage and Disadvantage of Portable Roll Forming Machine
- Poratble, the machine can be taken to any job site
- Save Time, you can produce any length of the product in the job site, not need prepare a schedule.
- No need transportation of sheets, all the sheets will be produced in the assembled site. and assemble directly.
- Machine accessibility & versatility: With the proper lifting mechanism, portable machines can be lifted to the height of a structure’s roof if desired.
- Continuous work, the installers can continuously assemble the panels without stopping due to the sheets is produced on-site.
- Profile restrictions: The portable machine have a width of maximum of 600mm.
- Machine speed: The speed is maximum 8m/min, while a in-plant machine can be up to 40m/min.
- Maintenance: The construction side is full of dust and moisture, so it require regular maintenance.